CorelDRAW Premium Suite X5 announced
Corel CoreDRAW Premium Suite X5 announced
Corel has announced the CorelDRAW Premium Suite X5, a collection of software applications designed for print, web and video, design and editing. Based around its Graphics Suite graphic design tools, it includes color management, website creation, image and video-editing, and file compression tools. The Premium Suite X5 is now available as an upgrade to existing users of Graphics Suite X5 at a suggested retail price of $299 or $699 for first time buyers
CorelDRAW Premium Suite X5 Delivers Expanded Multimedia Capabilities for Today's Graphics Professionals
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 14, 2010) - Corel today announced CorelDRAW® Premium Suite X5, a new suite of applications based on the award-winning CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. This new release is designed for the graphic design professional that requires an expanded set of capabilities for vector-illustration, website creation, image editing, advanced Flash animation and video editing.
Expanded Design Suite Offers Even Greater Versatility
CorelDRAW® Premium Suite X5 is a versatile solution for graphic design professionals who need to create and display visuals across a range of media. With an expanded set of web and video output capabilities, users of the Premium Suite will enjoy even greater flexibility and freedom as part of their design workflow.
"Through ongoing discussions with our CorelDRAW community, we know that a significant portion of our users were creating websites and videos. This feedback plays a key role in helping to shape our product strategy and we have responded by delivering an expanded suite that addresses this need for a wider range of output options," said John Falsetto, Senior Product Manager, CorelDRAW. "CorelDRAW Premium Suite X5 is our first step towards a fully integrated multimedia suite consistent with the needs of our users and the requirements of the print and digital media design industry."
More Opportunities to Create with Confidence
In addition to the new website, Flash and video authoring applications, CorelDRAW Premium Suite includes enhanced vector illustration and page layout, image editing and bitmap to vector tracing. The new suite also includes valuable content and enhanced features including a reinvented color management engine, a variety of enhanced precision tools, a hard-cover guidebook that provides techniques and tips for users of all skill levels, and access to millions of free and for purchase stock images on leading online photo sites including Fotolia and iStockphoto®. Users will be able to create with confidence and get started quickly on numerous projects for a wide variety of industries.
CorelDRAW Premium Suite X5 Highlights include:
• Versatile Graphic Design with CorelDRAW® X5: The award-winning vector-illustration and page-layout application.
Pricing and Availability
• Efficient Photo Editing with Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X5: A professional image-editing application for retouching and enhancing photos.
• Complete Website Creation with Corel® Website Creator™ X5: A new application to build and manage websites including all the technical development capabilities needed to create a sophisticated online presence.
• High-Speed Video Editing with Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X3: A powerful and fast end-to-end video production package for producing professional quality video.
• Powerful Flash Animation with SWiSH Max3: A complete Flash™ animation authoring application to create animations that include text, images, graphics, video, and sound.
• Accurately Convert Bitmaps with Corel® PowerTRACE™ X5: A utility to quickly and accurately convert bitmaps into editable vector graphics.
• Easily Capture Images with Corel CAPTURE™ X5: A one-click screen-capture utility to capture images from your computer screen.
• Export Images with PhotoZoom Pro: A plug-in to enlarge digital images and export them from Corel PHOTO-PAINT X5.
• Secure File Compression with WinZip® 14.5 Pro: The world's most popular zip utility for file compression, encryption, sharing, and data backup.
• Industry-leading file format compatibility: Including import support for latest Adobe® Illustrator® CS5 and Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 formats.
• Instant Access to Online Content through Corel® CONNECT™: Integration with leading online photo sites including Fotolia and iStockphoto® gives users access to millions of images for various projects.
CorelDRAW Premium Suite is now available at a suggested retail price (SRP) of $299 (USD and CDN) for the upgrade version and $699 (USD and CDN) for the full version. CorelDRAW Premium Suite X5 is available in English and German. To see a detailed list of new and enhanced features, please visit
Also available from the CorelDRAW family is the recently released CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X5. Specifically tailored to meet the needs of home users and students, the Home & Student Suite includes three licenses for non-commercial use in the same household and offers all of the tools needed to create a range of hobby and classroom projects.