Ricoh CX6 CMOS Compact Superzoom
The Ricoh CX6 10-megapixel compact digital superzoom featuring a 28-300mm 35mm equivalent lens plus an updated hybrid AF system which promises to acquire focus at speeds up to 0.1 second. This is almost double the (average) Ricoh CX5 speed, that was introduced at the start of the 2011.
The CX6 has also included shutter and aperture priority modes, plus a 3fps burst function featuring auto-focus (with the quickest continuous shooting speed in full resolution which is 5fps, identical to the previous CX5, although the new.3fps function lets the camera adjust separate focus for eavery frame in a sequence which in theory, should result in a larger amount of in-focus images of subjects on the move).
Also new on the Ricoh CX 6 is a dedicated movie record button, found on the rear camera panel. The Ricoh CX6 features a 3" LCD screen which provides a 1.23 million dot resolution with 1.7 times the brightness the CX5 displayed. Shipping in December in silver black and pink.
Announced Nov 15, 2011
• 1.7x brighter LCD monitor
• Automatic adjustment of brightness based on the level of brightness of the subject
• New zoom assist monitor function
• Aperture/shutter-speed priority modes
• Snap movie function
• Dedicated movie record button
• Autofocus and zoom are available for movie shooting