Shoot in Conditions That Would Otherwise be Impossible
The Ricoh WG-30W Digital Camera is a compact, durable point-and-shoot available
in Carbon Gray or Flame Orange, featuring a 16MP 1/2.3"
Backlit CMOS sensor
and a waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, coldproof, and dustproof construction for recording both high-resolution still imagery and
full HD 1080p movies
in a wide variety of conditions. The sensor combined with a newly designed image processor enables low-light sensitivity to ISO 6400 and continuous full-resolution shooting up to 1.08 fps and 10 fps continuous high speed shooting at lower resolutions. New to WG series is
connectivity for wireless image transfer and remote control functions from your smart device.
A built-in 5x optical zoom lens provides
a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 28-140mm to suit working in wide-angle and telephoto perspectives. Triple anti-shake protection minimizes the appearance of camera blur when photographing and recording video in difficult lighting conditions. High-speed video capture enables the creation of slow-motion videos and micro-HDMI port allows output of Full HD content to HD TVs and other compatible devices.
The rugged design elements of the WG-30W enable its use in conditions that would otherwise make it impossible to shoot including underwater to a depth of 40' and in temperatures as low as 14ºF. The camera can also withstand drops from up to 5' and pressure up to 220 lbf. It is also dustproof and offers anti-reflection protection on its 2.7" 230k-dot
A highlight of its unique form factor are the 6 LEDs surrounding the lens which provide direct illumination when using the camera's enhanced Digital Microscope mode. This mode enables close focusing to 0.4". The LEDs also serve when shooting self-portraits and as a general illumination tool. A built-in flash unit is also supported as is a front-face clock, face detection technology, smile capture, blink detection and interval shooting.
Several scene modes make it easy to capture sharp and color balanced photos in tough lighting including Underwater mode, Night Scene mode and Surf & Snow mode.
The WG-30W provides durable, weather-proof construction to enable its use in harsh and trying conditions:
- Waterproof to 40'
- Shockproof to 5'
- Crushproof to 220 lbf
- Coldproof to 14°F
- Dustproof to JIS 6 standard
16MP Backlit CMOS Sensor
The 16MP 1/2.3" backlit CMOS sensor, combined with a newly designed image processor, works to deliver high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video at 30 fps. These two technologies also enable rich low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 6400 as well as continuous shooting rates of 1.08 fps at full resolution or 10 fps at 4 or 5MP for up to 30 frames.
Movies are recorded employing the H.264 recording format, and a micro HDMI port allows screening on compatible televisions and devices. High-speed movie recording is also possible up to 120 fps in the HD 720p format.
Ricoh 5x Optical Zoom Lens and Shake Reduction
The built-in 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of conditions. Five aspherical elements are incorporated into the lens design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range and to produce sharp, clear imagery. An SP (Super Protection) coating has also been applied to the front lens element to offer greater protection and simplify cleaning of the lens.
Also contributing to enhanced use in dim lighting, sensor-shift type Shake Reduction image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake to better enable working with longer focal lengths and slower shutter speeds. This image stabilization system is further refined by way of digital Pixel Track and high ISO Shake Reduction modes to further alleviate camera blur.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
The WG-30W provides a host of Wi-Fi functions, including remote shutter release, confirmation of recorded images, and setting of various shooting functions. The user can also wirelessly transfer images to a smartphone, as well as browse, organize and then upload them to social networking websites.
Other Camera Features
- Six LED macro lights surround the lens to produce brighter, more even lighting when working with close-up subjects.
- Enhanced Digital Microscope mode enables close focusing to 0.4".
- A 2.7" 230k-dot LCD monitor provides means for live view monitoring, image review, and menu navigation. Its wide viewing angle supports easier use from both high and low working angles and anti-reflection coating provides better visibility in bright light.
- Built-in flash unit
- A 9-point contrast detection focusing system provides quick and accurate focusing performance and is also capable of detecting subject's faces using Smile Capture, Blink Detection, Self Portrait Assist, Self Portrait Assist + Smile Capture, and Pet Recognition settings.
- The processing engine contributes to a fast shutter lag time of 0.008 sec. and a startup time of 1.5 sec.
- 68MB of internal memory and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card compatibility.
- Interval shooting modes allow you to record a series of exposures at pre-determined intervals for producing time-lapse imagery.
- In-camera HDR imaging combines three captured images at once and blends them to realize extended shadow and highlight detail. Additionally, an HDR playback filter can be used to simulate the HDR effect.
- Including Shutter Priority and USER modes, numerous shooting modes are available to creatively enhance the look and feel of imagery.
- Interval shooting mode, Face-Detection, Green Simplified mode, Underwater mode and several scene modes assist in capturing sharp and balanced images in varied conditions.
- A range of optional WG-series mount accessories are available to accommodate diverse camera setups.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.