Small, Light, Bright: a Great Normal Prime
The Sony FE 50mm f/1.8, a simple, bright, and lightweight normal prime is a versatile normal-length prime lens created for full-frame mirrorless E-mount cameras. Its sleek design makes it ideal for day in and day out shooting, while the fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is an advantage when working in low-light environments as well as offering enhanced control over depth of field for selective focus shots. The optical design includes a single aspherical element to control spherical aberrations, and uses a double-gauss configuration as a way to realize sharper, clearer image quality all through the aperture range with diminished field curvature. A DC actuator is also used to provide quick and decisive autofocus performance that is also quiet enough to handle video recording. In addition, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm is featured to create out-of-focus highlights with a smooth, circular look. Symbolized by its straight-forward design, this go-to lens evens out both ease of handling along with expanded image quality.
- Normal-length 50mm prime lens created for mirrorless full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, although, can also be used with APS-C cameras where it will deliver a 75mm equivalent focal length in 35mm terms.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is an advantage when working in trying lighting situations and also provides greater control over focus placement for shooting with shallow depth of field styles.
- A single aspherical element diminishes spherical aberrations for enhanced clarity and sharpness.
- Double-gauss optical configuration assists in reducing field curvature and distortions for more persistent image quality from edge-to-edge.
- DC actuator provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance to handle both stills and video.
- Metal bayonet provides increased durability and a solid feel when attaching the lens.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm adds to a pleasing bokeh quality.