The discontinued Contax
camera renowned for its innovative, and many times unusual, technical designs
while they employed a wide variety of Zeiss lenses, distinguished for their fine
quality opticsy. Its last innovation was in creating an array of 35mm SLR, DSLR
and medium format cameras designed and built by Kyocera, which sported updated
optics designed by Carl Zeiss, known for making outstanding, high quality
photographic gear. In April, 2005, Kyocera stopped producing Contax cameras.
Nevertheless there are many used Contax cameras available for sale.
May 14, 2011
Contax G2 (1994-2005) The world's most advanced 35mm rangefinder camera system.
Contax NX 35mm SLR Autofocus
Film Camera Body. The NX is a great camera for those who want the excellence of Carl Zeiss optics in a compact autofocus SLR body with flash. It has borrowed many of the features found in the N1 professional camera, such as the five-point autofocus system.
NX's moving parts such as dials and levers have been fitted with O-rings and rubber packing to repel dust and moisture intrusion.
Like the entire family of Contax SLR cameras, the feel of the NX is one of solidity. Many of the operations will be intuitive to those familiar with Contax cameras. The feel of the N1 is heavily influenced by its fellow professional Contax SLRs. If you are already familiar with the brand, operation will be intuitive. As a brand, Contax doesn't subscribe to the mentality that a myriad of gadgets & over-engineered controls is in the photographer's best interests. They have what you need where you need it, in a straightforward manner that's impeccably easy to work. Adjust shutter speeds or exposure compensation with their individual dials, or switch control to the command dial sensibly perched just below your shutter finger. And do it all through a viewfinder that's better delineated than any conventional autofocus SLR, and on a par with professional manual focus SLR viewfinders.
• 5-point, 5-zone autofocus system: allows for full-time manual focus adjustment without switching off AF
• 3 Metering systems: Evaluative, Classic centerweighted & Partial
• Exposure bracketing: can vary by 1/3rd, 1/2 or full stops
• Top shutter speed of 1/4000th sec. & 1/125th Flash synchronization
• Bright viewfinder glass pentaprism: with 93% coverage
• Illuminated informative display panel
• 20 custom functions to individually tailor the NX controls and operation to the user $216.00. Check Prices & Availability at
Buy the Contax NX SLR Film Camera at:
Contax Aria 35mm SLR Manual Focus
Film Camera Body. The smallest, lightest & easiest to use MM-mount Contax SLR, the Aria is especially suited to beginning photographers with a prefence for using the stellar Carl Zeiss T* lenses. The Aria is the first Contax MM-mount camera with an evaluative meter to assist an inexperienced photographer in avoiding common exposure errors.
• Bright viewfinder uncompromisingly suited to manual focus control
• Rugged high-precision shutter
• Records shooting data on the film to help novices understand exposure
• 5 Custom functions for personal photographic control $289.00.
Buy the Contax Aria SLR Film Camera at:
Contax 137 MA Quartz 35mm SLR Manual Focus
Film Camera Body. • Durable die-cast all-metal body construction provides lightweight rigidity and strength
• TTL center-weighted with SPD sensor,EV 0-18
• Eye-level penta-prism; field shows 95% of picture area. Magnification of .86x
• Fully automatic with Real Time Direct Drive using micro-motor, single exposure or continuous at up to 3FPS.
• Top shutter speed 1/1000 sec.; top flash sync 1/160 sec.
• Depth-of-field preview button
• Data Back (optional)
• Contax/Yashica Mount $138.00.
Buy the Contax 137 MA Quartz 35mm Film Camera at:
Contax RX 35mm SLR Manual Focus
Film Camera Body. The Contax RX is a remarkable tool that adds useful automation to enhance the photographic experience. The newly developed "Digital Focus Indicator" function uses advanced technology to accomplish this task intuitively.
• Contax digital focus indicator (DFI) function employs two focus indicator scale modes:
- Focus scale indication is useful for taking general photographs and shows the variance from the true point of focus. It may be set via the green "o" position on the drive mode
- Depth of focus scale indication indicates the variance from the true focus point as well as the depth of focus(which changes with the aperture on the lens)
• Quiet operation with 1/4000th second shutter
• A powerful and highly reliable drive mechanism
• Seven custom functions offer more personalized control for the user $399.00.
Buy the Contax RX 35mm SLR Manual Focus Camera at: