HOYA announces the smc PENTAX-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL[IF] SDM AW lens. When mounted on the Pextax 645D camera body, this standard lens offers a focal length of 43.5 mm (35 mm format), which produces an angle of view close to that of the human eye. As such, it can be used for many different kinds of subjects and applications, including landscapes and portraits. With seven special seals, the dustproof, weather-resistant construction effectively prevents the intrusion of dust and water to the lens interior...
The smc Pentax-D FA645 55mm F2.8 is an interchangeable standard lens for exclusive use with Pentax medium-format digital SLR camera:
• A standard lens designed for exclusive use with the Pentax 645 Digital
• Advanced optical design with all properties of lens element groups, including curvature and lens coating, optimized for digital photography
• Can be used with existing Pentax 645-series medium-format SLR film cameras
• Will be marketed simultaneously with the Pentax 645 Digital camera body
• Market launch schedule to be announced at a later date