The Perfect Complement to
a Digital Pentax SLR Camera
The Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL is designed for use exclusively with digital SLR cameras. The optical design of this lens has been improved, with less lens elements and improved resolution, to better match with the newer high resolution image sensors.
This lens is the perfect complement to a digital Pentax SLR camera, providing the popular range of angle-of-view which is most associated with a standard zoom lens today. It provides an angle-of-view equivalent to a 27.5mm-84mm lens in the 35mm format.
The aspherical optical elements in this lens contribute to a reduction in size and weight of the lens and offers more effective compensation of unwanted aberrations.
SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the new lens through the use of a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water- and oil-repellant performance and makes for easier cleaning should the lens be accidentally smeared with fingerprints or cosmetics.
• Ideal zoom focal range for a wide range of shooting applications
• Improved resolution to match with high resolution sensors
• PENTAX SP coating protects the exposed lens elements
• Aspherical elements compensate for spherical aberration
• Developed specifically for PENTAX digital SLRs
• Focal length equivalent to 27mm to 82.5mm in the 35mm format
• DA series specifically designed for digital cameras
• Quick-Shift Focus System allows for instant switch-over from AF to manual focus
• The aperture ring has been eliminated from this lens to simplify camera operations and improve appearance while aperture-setting operation is performed from the camera body