ACD Systems has released its ACDSee Photo Manager 12 image editing and management software for beginners and hobbyists. The latest version focuses on sharing images online with features to directly upload images to social networking sites, an FTP uploader and an Online mode, which connects users to a free 2 GB account on ACDSeeOnline.com. The software is available for US $69.99 for first time buyers and $35 as an upgrade to existing users.
The ACDSee Photo Manager 2009 Software for Windows from ACD Systems is a powerful and intuitive photo management suite for Windows systems. The software is perfect for digital camera owners, as it allows you to make adjustments to images, organize them into folders, share images with friends and family, and create backups.
You'll be able to create keywords to tag images, allowing you to easily locate your favorite photos in the future. Create keywords for family members, locations, or anything else that comes to mind. You can even group keywords into more generalized categories, such as "People" or "Flowers." Of course, you'll be able to search through your photos to look for certain keywords and category tags.
Photo Manager also includes basic photo editing tools. While we all aspire to take a perfect photo with every click of the shutter, this is not always the case. You'll be able to adjust exposure (brightness), remove red eye, and add artistic filters to photos. ACDSee features a one-click Shadow/Highlight adjustment, allowing even fledgling photographers to adjust images so that they are properly exposed.
• View and organize your photos
• Folder structure allows you to organize your photos as you see fit
• Embeds rating, keyword, and category data into the image file's metadata, allowing it to be read by other applications that support the XMP format
• Add keywords and categories to photos, allowing you to find specific images via the integrated search feature
• Robust search feature allows you to refine your search in a variety of ways; you'll even be able to store frequently-used searches so that they can be reused at will
• Editing tools allow you to adjust image exposure, remove red eye and blemishes, and erase unwanted objects from the frame
• Artistic filters allow you to add vignettes, sepia tones, text, borders, and other finishing touches to your images
• Share your photos with friends and family via disc, e-mail, and the web
• Allows you to upload images to photo sharing sites such as flickr and Smugmug with ease
• Print layout tools allow you to print images at home
• Backup tools allow you to synchronize your photo library with an external hard drive, or backup to optical disc, ensuring that your pictures are not lost in the event of a drive failure
• Supports more than 100 common image file formats