Zeiss Milvus 35mm F1.4 Lens
Characterized by its fast maximum aperture and advanced optical design, both the Canon ZE and the Nikon F-mount Milvus 35mm f/1.4 ZF.2
lens from ZEISS is a versatile wide-angle prime well-suited to an array of subjects, ranging from portraiture to landscape shooting. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture greatly benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers enhanced control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques. Complementing the focusing control is a sophisticated Distagon-type optical design, which employs one rear aspherical element and five anomalous partial dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. This ZF.2 lens also features a manual aperture ring that can be manually de-clicked for silent, stepless switching between aperture setting to benefit video applications. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 35mm f/1.4 lens is designed for both Canon ZF and the FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length
for Nikon and 56mm for Canon
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers extensive control over depth of field.
- Five anomalous partial dispersion elements are featured in the optical design, and help to virtually eliminate color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater image clarity and color accuracy.
- Distagon optical concept uses one rear aspherical element to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to provide a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- The manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.